I won my 1st dietbet! Woo! So I lost the 4% of my body weight and I made my money back and a little extra. Don’t know exactly how much yet , but should find out today or tomorrow. Anyway, I decided to join another. http://diet.bt/ruBpED This one is run by Heidi and Chris Powell. Just looking on the home page they seem really motivating and helpful. I am really excited and motivated to do this and keep moving forward on this journey.
Things I didn’t like about Dietbet:
1. They only have an app for Iphone. I am and always will be an android person. They don’t have an app for android so you would have to actually go to the website. Seemed like a pain to me so I went like once a week. With an app I probably could have been more involved.
2. It only links to fitbit. I have a jawbone up24 that I love and use daily, but can’t sync it to the site. 😦 You can post steps taken with fitbit but not any other
fitness band that I saw.
3. I kind of panicked at the end because I wasn’t at goal lol even though I didn’t think I would hit it because I had not done so great the last few weeks. Didnt do anything unhealty or anything like that but Day of weigh out I was at goal. Didn’t have far to go just a couple of pounds but I was below goal by 0.7 lbs. Lol. I figure it was water weight. Anyway, still a weight loss and a win.
Things I liked about Dietbet:
1. Everyone is really supportive.
2. You get great tips on weight loss emailed to you and on the website everyday.
3. Winning money is fun. Lol even if it’s just what you put in and you are trying to lose weight anyway.
4. It’s fun.
5. Another goal never hurt anyone.
6. It’s motivating seeing others do well and taking so many steps a day. It makes me want to move more.
7. I am competitive and love games.
All in all it was a good experience. I was not expecting to hit goal because of distractions but those are gone and I am fully focused and ready to go.
Lol no I don’t work for dietbet, I just really enjoyed the experience and want to share what I thought.