I have been away for quite a while now but have not given up on this journey. There have been so many things happen in my life in the last year and a half and my emotional eating has gotten beyond out of hand. I honestly don’t know how to get it in control again. I have been through a job loss due to downsizing, relationship issues, a move several states states away from my home state, engagement, miscarriage, and jobs, and missing home. I have gained so much weight since moving to Tennessee, but my fiance are both working to lose weight and become healthier. Food though.Ugh! Food is the biggest problem. Its a vicious cycle
I refuse to quit though. I need and will work through this. I know that I do better when I have community support so here I am. I also joined a dietbet this morning. I am hoping with the support I can get back on track and get my mindset straight.
I won my 1st dietbet! Woo! So I lost the 4% of my body weight and I made my money back and a little extra. Don’t know exactly how much yet , but should find out today or tomorrow. Anyway, I decided to join another. http://diet.bt/ruBpED This one is run by Heidi and Chris Powell. Just looking on the home page they seem really motivating and helpful. I am really excited and motivated to do this and keep moving forward on this journey.
Things I didn’t like about Dietbet:
1. They only have an app for Iphone. I am and always will be an android person. They don’t have an app for android so you would have to actually go to the website. Seemed like a pain to me so I went like once a week. With an app I probably could have been more involved.
2. It only links to fitbit. I have a jawbone up24 that I love and use daily, but can’t sync it to the site. 😦 You can post steps taken with fitbit but not any other
fitness band that I saw.
3. I kind of panicked at the end because I wasn’t at goal lol even though I didn’t think I would hit it because I had not done so great the last few weeks. Didnt do anything unhealty or anything like that but Day of weigh out I was at goal. Didn’t have far to go just a couple of pounds but I was below goal by 0.7 lbs. Lol. I figure it was water weight. Anyway, still a weight loss and a win.
Things I liked about Dietbet:
1. Everyone is really supportive.
2. You get great tips on weight loss emailed to you and on the website everyday.
3. Winning money is fun. Lol even if it’s just what you put in and you are trying to lose weight anyway.
4. It’s fun.
5. Another goal never hurt anyone.
6. It’s motivating seeing others do well and taking so many steps a day. It makes me want to move more.
7. I am competitive and love games.
All in all it was a good experience. I was not expecting to hit goal because of distractions but those are gone and I am fully focused and ready to go.
Lol no I don’t work for dietbet, I just really enjoyed the experience and want to share what I thought.
Started my dietbet today. Really excited! I had heard about it several times recently but up until a fellow blogger mentioned dietbet I had forgotten about it. ( I will put a link to the other blog tom.) I will lose 4% in 4 weeks. I am super competitive, even if it’s just a goal I set for myself. This is a personal competition. I want to do it for me. I’m not competing with all the other people doing it (well I guess technically I kind of am, but anyway). I want everyone to succeed, myself included. A few days ago, I noticed myself trying to stick to my healthy eating even more, working out more, and working to get more steps in. I want to be healthier and keep losing and i think this will help keep me motivated. 🙂
On another note, my 2 month weigh in is Thur. but I had to weigh in a little early for the dietbet. I set a small goal at my last weigh in and let’s just say I was blown away when I got on the scale. I will do my normal weigh in on Thur. but may have to change it to monthly depending on if I do another dietbet.
Lol. Wow how many times can I say dietbet?! I need to get a grip but I really am excited. Even with some slip ups, everything is going well and I feel sooo good. 🙂 I guess that’s all for now. Off to study and then sleep.
Have an awesome week!!!!